Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fear of Mistakes

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." -Elbert Hubbard

Too often I find myself not taking a chance because I fear what negative repercussions it will have. This kind of fear can be paralyzing and leads us to never advance. We may worry what outcome a chance will have on our life personally, professionally, socially or even privately.

This kind of fear may stop us from getting a promotion, meeting new people, or doing our own rendition of "Don't Stop Believing" at karaoke Thursday night.

There aren't too many things I am socially hesitant of, but striking up a conversation with a complete stranger can sometimes be intimidating. I usually fear feeling awkward, being rejected, or getting into a conversation that I feel is over my head. However, I can usually settle my nerves and confidently start talking. And most of the time? The complete stranger appreciates my willingness to reach out.

Believe in yourself and you might be surprised who else will then believe in you, too.

- Brittany Clinehens

No comments:

Post a Comment